Thursday, March 3, 2011

Hatch Show Print

I really love the designs that come as a result of the printing process used by Hatch Show Print in Nashville, Tennessee. I went there myself a few years ago and it was awesome to think of how many amazing posters have come from one small shop. This company has been in business for a long time and still makes posters for modern clients. They reprint a lot of their old stuff using the same process, and so you can purchase what is essentially the exact same poster you would have had in the 50s.

Here is a print I have in my room:


Wow...... so great. Ok moving on, here's an example of Hatch Show Print's ability to make designs that span a wide range of musical styles and time, featuring two of my favorite artists:

Also, I think the sign itself has some really cool old school (it is old) typography as well:

No comments:

Post a Comment